Fall Brawl Rules
RULES & REGULATIONS
DECLARATION HOT-LINE- Call (910) 253-3474 (FISH) and leave name, boat name, time and day you are declaring to fish (must declare by 7am if you are fishing the same day you are calling)
NO CHECK OUT - Tournament Boundaries Swansboro to Georgetown Jetties
(You must be West of GPS line 76 55 00 and east of GPS line 79 10 00)
*CLARIFICATION ON BOUNDARIES* - You may enter the ocean out of the Georgetown jetties and fish anywhere within the boundaries (see rule #9)
** there is a very small sliver of water north of Georgetown along the beach that is outside of the GPS boundaries. This small area will be considered in-bounds**
- This is a one day fishing event. You MUST declare whether your day to compete will be Friday, Nov 1, Saturday, Nov 2 or Sunday, Nov 3 by 7:00am, Friday, Nov 1. You can declare your fish day when you register, but if you decide to change, it must be done before 7:00am, Friday, Nov 1. If you do not declare your fish day, Friday, Nov 1 will automatically be your fish day. Again, you may declare when you register or call 910-253-3474 by 7:00am, Friday, Nov 1.
- King Mackerel must measure at least 28” from nose to fork.
- No mutilated fish will be weighed. A mutilated fish is one in which the injury impacts the fish’s ability to fight. Hook and gaff punctures are acceptable.
- Scheduled on-site registration time is 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Thursday, October 31 at Ocean Isle Fishing Center, OIB, NC. On-line registration remains open until 11:59pm, Thursday, October 31.
- The Captain’s Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 31 at 7:15 PM at the Ocean Isle Fishing Center, Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
- NO CHECK-OUT! Honor system - lines in the water at 7:00 AM on eligible fishing days. No fishing with rod & reel before 7:00 AM, this includes bait jigging. Fish must be hooked and caught during tournament hours.
- Official tournament time is determined by GPS time.
- A boat may participate in the event only one day. The same boat CANNOT be fished both Saturday and Sunday. A participant may only be registered as the Captain for one day of competition.
- Boats may leave from their choice of inlets within tournament boundaries. No ocean travel or fishing outside of boundaries - a boat may travel the backwaters or ICW from outside boundaries before entering the ocean from an inlet within the boundaries.
- No replacement boats may be entered without clearance from tournament headquarters. A replacement boat will not be authorized after tournament fishing hours have begun.
- All boats must be in weigh-in line in by 5:00 PM as confirmed by check-in and cut-off boats.
- Scales will open at 2pm at tourney site and remain open until the last boat in the weigh-in line has been weighed. The weigh-in line will extend from the base of the Ocean Isle Beach bridge to the North/East and will be cut off at 5pm.
- All fish must be weighed in from the boat in which they were caught. No overland transport of fish to weigh station will be allowed.
- A boat may not make landfall during tournament competition hours. If a team wishes to drop off a crew member on land before weighing-in, they may do so providing crew members exit only and do not remove or add any items from the vessel and the vessel does not make landfall.
- Tournament will monitor VHF Channel 72. During weigh-in, all boats should monitor tournament channel to receive instructions.
- Only one king mackerel may be weighed from each boat. This single king will count towards all primary and secondary prizes.
- Small Boat Division- a boat whose total engine power does not exceed 300 horse power.
- All TWT’s are paid out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and are based on the number of entries in each particular TWT.
- All fish weighed-in will become property of the Long Bay Artificial Reef Association.
- All fish will be inspected after they are weighed. If any fish is found to contain anything in its body that is suspected of being unnatural, the participating captain and/or team members will be required to take a polygraph under the terms stated in rule 21 outlining Polygraph testing.
- Polygraph tests will be given prior to awards on Sunday, October 15th. The top 3 finishing teams will be polygraphed, and an additional 2 teams will be chosen at random for polygraph. Any team asked to take a polygraph must present the captain or other team member for polygraph on Sunday, November 3. If a team fails to present a qualified team member to take the polygraph exam, they will have 72 hours from the time the last fish was weighed to schedule an appointment with the event’s polygraph examiner, at their own expense, and present a qualified team member. No winnings will be released until the examiner has cleared findings with the tournament committee. If any angler wishes to dispute an unfavorable polygraph result, the angler may have a second polygraph conducted within 10 days by a polygraph examiner approved by the tournament director at the angler’s expense. The ‘tiebreaker’ polygraph must be administered to ASTM standards. The director may decide which test result to apply when making the final decision.
- All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $250 cash. The $250 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee The $250 cash deposit will become property of the Fall Brawl King Classic, if the protest is not upheld. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final. All protests must be made within one hour after the last fish has been weighed.
- In order to be eligible for Jr., Lady or Senior Angler prizes, Jr., Lady or Senior must be on board boat and act as angler, boat driver, gaffer or head cheer leader and accompany fish to scales to specify that he/she was part of catching the fish. Junior Angler must be 16 years of age or younger. Lady Anglers are female and 17 years of age and up. Senior Anglers are men 55 years of age or older. All Junior, Lady and Senior Anglers MUST accompany their fish to the scales.
- A boat is eligible to win only one primary prize.
- A boat is eligible to win more than one secondary prize.
- Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner. In the event of identical weight, but fish caught on different competition days, tie break will be determined by time not day- earliest fish weighed wins.
- Two(2) or more boats congregating during fishing hours may be disqualified. Boats may not pass anything between each other during competition hours. Exceptions include items passed to prevent risk to safety/life and law enforcement examinations.
- If a boat has to be towed for any reason, it will be disqualified from competition.
- Any advertisers entering the tournament in compliance with the tournament rules are eligible for any and all prizes.
- All boats must meet USCG and State of North Carolina safety requirements in order to qualify for competition. It is the responsibility of the Captain of each team to insure the boat has the correct safety gear on board.
- This is a Captain’s Choice Tournament. In the event that the Tournament shall be rescheduled or cancelled due to any cause beyond the control of the Fall Brawl King Classic, all entry fees shall be refunded to entrants and entrants shall have no claim against the Fall Brawl King Classic, for return of said entry fee.
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel. The maximum number of lines out at any one time is seven(7).
- Violation of any of the tournament rules shall constitute grounds for automatic disqualification from the tournament. The Tournament Committee shall be the sole judge of any violations of the rules and their decision shall be final.
- The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry from an applicant, in the event such occurs, 100% of the applicants entry fee will be returned.
- By signing the entry form, the Captain and crew, etc. consent that the Fall Brawl King Classic may use without payment or restrictions any photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial or promotional material.
- The Fall Brawl King Classic is owned in its entirety by Capt. Brant’s Fishing Adventures, Inc.
Tournament Home Page