Jolly Mon Rules
RULES & REGULATIONS
DECLARATION HOT-LINE- Call (910) 253-3474 (FISH) and leave name, boat name, time and day you are declaring to fish (must declare by 7am if you are fishing the same day you are calling)
NO CHECK OUT - Tournament Boundaries Swansboro to Georgetown Jetties
(You must be West of GPS line 76 55 00 and east of GPS line 79 10 00)
*CLARIFICATION ON BOUNDARIES* - You may enter the ocean out of the Georgetown jetties and fish anywhere within the boundaries (see rule #9)
** there is a very small sliver of water north of Georgetown along the beach that is outside of the GPS boundaries. This small area will be considered in-bounds**
- This is a one day fishing event. You MUST declare whether your day to compete will be Saturday, June 10th or Sunday, June 11th by 7:00am, Saturday, June 10th. You can declare your fish day when you register, but if you decide to change, it must be done before 7:00am, Saturday, June 10th. If you do not declare your fish day, Saturday, June 10th will automatically be your fish day. Again, you may declare when you register or call 910-253-3474 by 7:00am, Saturday, June 10th.
- King Mackerel must measure at least 28 inches from nose to fork and Spanish Mackerel must be at least 13 inches in order to be eligible for prizes.
- No mutilated fish will be weighed. A mutilated fish is one in which the injury impacts the fish’s ability to fight. Hook and gaff punctures are acceptable.
- Scheduled on-site registration time is 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Friday, June 9th at Ocean Isle Fishing Center, OIB, NC. On-line registration remains open until 11:59pm, Friday, June 9th.
- The Captain’s Meeting will be held on Friday, June 9th at 7:15 PM at the Ocean Isle Fishing Center, Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
- NO CHECK-OUT! Honor system - lines in the water at 7:00 AM on eligible fishing days. No fishing with rod & reel before 7:00 AM, this includes bait jigging. Fish must be hooked and caught during tournament hours.
- Official tournament time is determined by GPS time.
- A boat may participate in the event only one day. The same boat CANNOT be fished both Saturday and Sunday. A participant may only be registered as the Captain for one day of competition.
- Boats may leave from their choice of inlets within tournament boundaries. No ocean travel or fishing outside of boundaries - a boat may travel the backwaters or ICW from outside boundaries before entering the ocean from an inlet within the boundaries.
- No replacement boats may be entered without clearance from tournament headquarters. A replacement boat will not be authorized after tournament fishing hours have begun.
- All boats must be in weigh-in line in by 5:00 PM as confirmed by check-in and cut-off boats.
- Scales will open at 2:00 PM at tourney site. No weigh-ins allowed before 2:00 PM. Line will extend from base of Ocean Isle bridge to the North. Do not enter Causeway canal until directed on VHF 72.
- All fish must be weighed in from the boat in which they were caught. No overland transport of fish to weigh station will be allowed.
- A boat may not make landfall during tournament competition hours. If a team wishes to drop off a crew member on land before weighing-in, they may do so providing crew members exit only and do not remove or add any items from the vessel and the vessel does not make landfall.
- Tournament will monitor VHF Channel 72. During weigh-in, all boats should monitor tournament channel to receive instructions.
- Only one king mackerel may be weighed from each boat. This single king will count towards all primary and secondary prizes.
- Small Boat Division- a boat whose total engine power does not exceed 300 horse power.
- All TWT’s are paid out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and are based on the number of entries in each particular TWT.
- All fish weighed-in will become property of the Long Bay Artificial Reef Association.
- Any fish weighed-in found to contain lead or any other foreign matter will be subject to disqualification as decided by the tournament committee.
- Polygraph tests will be given prior to awards on Sunday, June 11th. The top 3 finishing teams will be polygraphed, and an additional 2 teams will be chosen at random for polygraph. Any team asked to take a polygraph must present the captain or other team member for polygraph on Sunday, June 11th. If a team fails to present a qualified team member to take the polygraph exam, they will have 72 hours from the time the last fish was weighed to schedule an appointment with the event’s polygraph examiner, at their own expense, and present a qualified team member. No winnings will be released until the examiner has cleared findings with the tournament committee. If any angler wishes to dispute an unfavorable polygraph result, the angler may have a second polygraph conducted within 10 days by a polygraph examiner approved by the tournament director at the angler’s expense. The ‘tiebreaker’ polygraph must be administered to ASTM standards. The director may decide which test result to apply when making the final decision.
- All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $250 cash. The $250 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee The $250 cash deposit will become property of the Jolly Mon King Classic, if the protest is not upheld. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final.
- In order to be eligible for Jr., Lady or Senior Angler prizes, Jr., Lady or Senior must be on board boat and act as angler, boat driver, gaffer or head cheer leader and accompany fish to scales to specify that he/she was part of catching the fish. Junior Angler must be 16 years of age or younger. Lady Anglers are female and 17 years of age and up. Senior Anglers are men 55 years of age or older. All Junior, Lady and Senior Anglers MUST accompany their fish to the scales.
- A boat is eligible to win only one primary prize.
- A boat is eligible to win more than one secondary prize.
- Prizes are awarded solely on the basis of fish weight. In the event of identical weights, the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner. In the event of identical weight, but fish caught on different competition days, tie break will be determined by time not day- earliest fish weighed wins.
- Two (2) or more boats congregating during fishing hours may be disqualified.
- If a boat has to be towed for any reason, it will be disqualified from competition.
- Any advertisers entering the tournament in compliance with the tournament rules are eligible for any and all prizes.
- All boats must meet USCG and State of North Carolina safety requirements in order to qualify for competition.
- This is a Captain’s Choice Tournament. It is the sole discretion of the Captain as to whether he or she feels conditions are suitable to participate.
- In the event that the tournament is rescheduled for any reason, no entry fee shall be refunded; all will be applied and transferable to the new reschedule date.
- In the event that the tournament is cancelled, 90% of entry monies will be refunded.
- All fish must be caught on rod & reel. The maximum number of lines out at any one time is seven(7).
- Violation of any of the tournament rules shall constitute grounds for automatic disqualification from the tournament. The Tournament Committee shall be the sole judge of any violations of the rules and their decision shall be final.
- The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry from an applicant, in the event such occurs, 100% of the applicants entry fee will be returned.
- By signing the entry form, the Captain and crew, etc. consent that the Jolly Mon King Classic may use without payment or restrictions any photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial or promotional material.
- The Jolly Mon King Classic is owned in its entirety by Capt. Brant’s Fishing Adventures, Inc.
Tournament Home Page