Far Out Shoot Out Rules
DECLARATION HOT-LINE- (910) 253-3474- call and leave name, boat name, day you are declaring to fish before 6am of the day you are declaring to fish.
BOUNDARIES: Boats must fish South of GPS line 33.30.00 (Nipple area) and North of GPS longitued 32.30.00 (G.town hole area)
** A MANDATORY POLYGRAPH WILL BE ADMINISTERED TO THE OVERALL WINNER & 2 RANDOMLY CHOSEN WINNERS **
- A boat may fish2 out of 36 possible days. Eligible fishing days are Saturday, April 27th thru Saturday, June 1st. In order for a team to receive points for a day of fishing, they must declare their fishing day by 6am the morning of that day. Declarations are made by calling (910) 253-3474 and leaving a message stating your name, boat name and day you wish to declare. If a boat does not declare its day to fish properly, fish will not be weighed and will not be eligible for points.
- Primary Prize Structure- 1 point per pound for each Yellowfin or Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo & Dolphin weighed- max 1 of each species weighed.
- Don Leonard memorial Billfish trophy- Any boat competing that catches and releases a Billfish during competition will have their boat name and captain's name engraved on this memorial trophy; displayed year-round at the OIFC.
- A boat may participate under only one entry and a Captain may only be registered as a Captain once, however, any fisherman, whether Captain or crew may fish on more than one boat as many days of competition as he/she chooses.
- A boat may win only 1 primary prize. In order to be eligible for a primary prize, a boat must weigh at least 2 out of the 3 eligible species towards their 3 species aggregate.
- Wahoo, Mahi, Tuna and Aggregate TWTs pay 1st-3rd. A boat may win only 1 place in each TWT they enter.
- No checkout- you must fish the same day you declare. 12am-11:59pm if you choose.
- Boundaries- this event has boundaries. You must fish between 33.30N (Nipple) and 32.30S (Georgetown Hole).
- Weigh station is OIFC. Fish can be delivered to the OIFC by boat on the same day you fished by no later than 8pm. Or you may bring your fish to the OIFC by land and weigh the day after you fish from 9am-12pm.
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS- Brant McMullan (910) 367-2945