Far Out Shoot Out Rules
DECLARATION HOT-LINE- (910) 253-3474- call and leave name, boat name, day you are declaring to fish before 8am on the day you are declaring to fish.
BOUNDARIES: Boats must fish South of GPS line 76.55.00 (Nipple area) and North of GPS longitued 78.40.00 (G.town hole area)
Registration will remain open through competition days through Friday, May 12th
- A boat may fish 1 out of 15 possible days. Eligible fishing days are Saturday, May 6th thru Saturday, May 20th. In order for a team to receive points for a day of fishing, they must declare their fishing day by 8am the morning of that day. Declarations are made by calling (910) 253-3474 and leaving a message stating your name, boat name and day you wish to declare. If a boat does not declare its day to fish properly, fish will not be weighed and will not be eligible for points.
- 1 point per pound for each Yellowfin or Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo & Dolphin weighed- max 1 of each species weighed per boat per competition fishing day.
- Don Leonard memorial Billfish trophy- Any boat competing that catches and releases a Billfish during competition will have their boat name and captain's name engraved on this memorial trophy; displayed year-round at the OIFC.
- A boat may participate under only one entry and a Captain may only be registered as a Captain once, however, any fisherman, whether Captain or crew may fish on more than one boat as many days of competition as he/she chooses.
- A boat may win only 1 primary prize.
- Meatfish TWT is based on the largest fish weighed on the tournament scales during the event and will 1st-3rd. Eligible species: Yellowfin/Blackfin Tuna, Wahoo and Dolphin.
- High Rollers TWT is based on the overall points total and pays 1st-3rd.
- No checkout- lines in the water from 8am-4pm
- All fish must be weighed by 8:00pm the day of competition. Fish may not be kept overnight.
- No overland transport of fish. Fish must be weighed from the boat in which they were caught. In the event of draft restriction to get to the weigh-in dock, a shuttle boat will meet the weighing boat and shuttle fish to the scales.
- No replacement boats may be entered without clearance from tournament headquarters.
- Tournament will monitor VHF Channel 72. During fishing and weigh-in, all boats should monitor tournament channel to receive instructions.
- All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $250 cash. All protests shall be made no later than one hour after the last fish has been weighed on each weigh-in day. The $250 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee. The $250 cash deposit will become property of the Far Out Shoot Out, if the protest is not upheld. All decisions of the protest committee shall be final
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS- (910) 367-2945